Want to prevent security mistakes with an Alarm.com arming reminder, or automate your Alarm.com smart thermostat for the perfect temperature when you arrive home?
It’s easy to do with Geo-Services. Here's how to set it up using your Alarm.com app and your web dashboard.
What is Geo-Services?
Geo-Services is a feature that uses your phone’s location and a personalized “geo-fence” around your home to understand when you leave, and when you’re on your way back. It uses this information to trigger helpful home automation rules and alerts—such as reminding you that you left the garage open.
- Log in to the Alarm.com app.
- Tap the Menu icon in the top left.
- Scroll down and tap “Geo-Services.”
- Tap the toggle switch to enable Geo-Services.
- Tap Enable to confirm.
- If Location Services are not enabled, select Go To Settings and turn location services on.
- Verify that your Location Services are turned on.
Go to the web dashboard to create your Geo-Fence.
- Click Settings.
- Click “Geo-Services.”
- Click “+ Add a Fence.”
- In the Enter Address field, enter an address.
- In the Fence Name field, give the fence a name.
- Enter the radius or click and drag the fence to expand.
- Review your fence and click Save.